Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Great Mom, Good Artist, Mediocre Homemaker, Bad Blogger

In the past 12 months I have become a  home educator, started designing my own children's clothing, adopted a three legged dog, taken two vacations, adopted a crazy little kitten, started up Relish Designs, while also somewhat keeping up with all of the pre-existing jobs my life already entailed. Through all of this I have learned a lot about myself. I am patient, I still remember most of my elementary education, I may possibly be a dog person, I love the mountains even more when they are not covered in snow, I am not the softee (crazy kitten was hubby's doing), I am capable of creating things people want - and are willing to pay for, and lastly I am not a technologically advanced life form. You see I set this blog up as a temporary stopping point to my Etsy store while I built a beautiful and functional website to run my emerging empire from, it's been three months and there is no beautiful or functional website, only a frustrated artsy-type with bags under her eyes. So, instead of treating this blog as simply a stepping stone to my Etsy and Face Book sites, I am embracing it as a tool for feedback from my much loved client base, as well as a way of keeping everyone up to date on what things I am working on. You will be hearing from me much more often, a new fall collection complete with a giveaway will be coming soon, as well as hints for styling family photos, heirloom clothing ideas, and maybe even a recipe or two if the mood strikes. That fancy website will come one day (at the hands of a paid web designer) but for now I am going to get back to what I enjoy most - sketching, sewing, and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment